Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hoping for a different life but know I am stuck in mine.

Giles didn't want to go to school today and had an anxiety attack on the way to his class. I should have just kept him but something inside me told me to get him in the door. I worried frantically most of the day, called the school 2 times to check on him but all was well. It was the first grade carnival and he did not want to participate. He doesn't like to be in front of groups of people and Memorial Day was quite trying on his little spirit. He was a trooper and made it through. I will post his video tomorrow, my little Elephant trainer.

Maya stayed with mom and dad all day because she missed passing the state test by one point and was not allowed to go to the YMCA as a reward. Her teacher went though, even though half her class did not pass the test. Why is a failing teacher allowed to go but not her students?(I just like to ask punitive questions) Really it was no big deal and Maya handled it very well, no tears, but the dollar store helped. I never really thought about how it feels to be left home until I had one left out. My eyes are so much wider than they use to be. My kids are so much stronger than me.

True went from playing one inning in left field to playing first base and batting 4th. (Homeruns in practice just not in the game yet!)It is truly amazing what a good coach can do for a boys attitude. Thank you, Kevin, Sam, Adam and Chris for making our summer so much more enjoyable.

1 comment:

The Holland Family said...

Kendalee, you are an awesome mom. Thank you for your continued example of faith and strength. All my love, Nicole - Mia's mom^i^