Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rhiannon's Birthday - Maya's party

One of a few photos I have of my darling baby

Yesterday was a busy an eventful day. I had planned Maya's party on Rhiannon's birthday for many reasons this year, not least of them was the selfish one that it would keep me busy and having a good time instead of having that much hated self-pity party that I have been having often by myself.
Our day started out in the garden planting, late as always for me. Maya had a friend sleep over the night before and she thought it was a great idea to try to ride her bike down our very steep hill. Knowing the outcome because of 4 children before her all crashing, I told her it was not a good idea. she insisted because her all-knowing papa told her she could make it. (*Thanks Dad). As I was finishing up the beet row I hears screams of panic from the bottom of the hill. She had crashed and went chin first into the pavement. Cy and True drove the four wheeler quickly to the bottom to pick her up and bring her up to a mom that was worried but also a little angry she had not heeded my warning. After bandaging up a fairly deep cut on the chin, outside the lip, on the elbow and worrying about a broken jaw, our plans completely changed. We were to go swimming but now Maya had no intention of getting all of her new injuries wet in the chlorinated pool. We opted for Red Robin and the dollar theatre instead. After a great lunch we had an hour to kill so I took the girls to Claire's and watched girls be girls, something I was never good at. They tried on hats and scarves and necklaces all the while I chased Lea around the store threatening to leave her home next time. We went and seen Hotel for Dogs next and got sick on candy and popcorn, all and all for a day that started out really rocky, it was very fun and quite a success. As I took the girls home my mind wandered on what it would have been like if Rhiannon were here today to celebrate Maya's birthday or that night I am sure hers. She would have been 21 this year. It doesn't seem possible that it has been that long since I lost her. I still miss her and the way she looked as those angels kissed her on the cheek and she would smile while she was sleeping. She was such a good baby. I was so blessed to have her in my life for such a short while. I can't wait for the day the Savior comes again and my children will be returned to me in their perfect state. The second coming use to scare me, now I long for it and pray that it will come soon.

2 comments:

{ Bethany } said...

Happy Birthday Maya and Rhiannon!!!

Bridget said...

Sending you hugs...