Friday, May 8, 2009

Through the eye of the storm


Today it feels as if the eye of the storm has passed for now, that I am on the outside and the rain seems to cleanse as it also drenches my soul. I seem to feel the spirit with me all of the time and I am trying to keep my hope alive. I see signs all around of Loughlin with me, whether it is the pheasant that walks across the street as I drive by or the hawk that circles my yard or just the feeling as if he is visiting for the day. I miss him so much. He loved the Springtime. He loved the end of the school year and the chance to go on the first fishing trip of the year. My heart seems so full yet so broken. My life seems so hectic yet I feel peace. My family is missing so much yet we are so blessed. My soul feels a longing that never is fulfilled yet I know one day I will be whole again. I am grateful for a Savior that suffered and died that I might live to see my children again, for the knowledge of the plan of salvation and the path to forgiveness that will help us get back to our Father in Heaven.

2 comments:

Denise said...

You have been in our little family's thoughts and prayers constantly. We'll continue to pray for you!

Denise Berrett (Routson)

Heather C said...

I am happy that you have had some moments of peace lately. I think just even one day of that can be so restorative for the times it gets really tough.