Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Exhausted







These last few weeks have left me exhausted. I am tired all day long. I would love a vacation right now. I would love to just get away for a few days. Mother's Day was hard but my family was wonderful. Harlen got me a beautiful Mother's Ring, which seems such a splurge for me, I am usually so frugal. I missed Loughlin all day. On Saturday as I traveled around town trying to find flowers to make Harlen's mom a nice planter, I found myself at Walmart. As I walked by the card aisle, I heard a familiar song, in one of those new cards. It was the song that just the other day I had moved to the top of my play list on my blog, "You'll be in my Heart". I know it might sound crazy but I felt as if it was Loughlin reaching out to me in a subtle way. I use to sing that song to him when he was a little boy and the part that says just look over your shoulder, reminds me of driving in the suburban and looking over my shoulder at Loughlin sitting behind me. I would do this everyday, sometimes in the rear view mirror, so that he would not know I was watching him. I miss him. I hope I can live my life so that I make him proud, just like he made me everyday of his life.

2 comments:

Love my babes said...

I don't think it is crazy at all. I am thankful you can carry that card around w/you and have the reminder of how you loved to sing it to Loughlin. YOu are such a wonderful mom it shows in all you do! Keep it up:o)

Bridget said...

The school photo (or formally taken one) is so cute. I imagine that you combed his hair nice for picture day...but how often is a little guy's hair really looking so well placed? Yeah, the photo underneath that one tells the true story. Little people are so cute.