Monday, May 25, 2009


I had a better day today. I was asked to feel in teaching relief society today. No matter how hard I tried to pick a topic that steered clear of the trial I am going through, something kept leading me back to all of the conference talks on adversity. I am so grateful for this opportunity. The studying and the lesson lifted me out of the despair I have been feeling, the hopelessness. The sadness is sticking around, the grieving, the mourning but these are feelings that I can deal with, with my faith and with the help and prayers of others. Losing Loughlin is going to be unbearable at times, the sadness is overwhelming but I feel my Savior near. I know that I need him to get through this. I am so grateful for the 15 years I had the privilege to spend with Loughlin and to be uplifted by his spirit. My heart aches because I long to see him again, to have him near us but I know with my Saviors love and the love of others, we will make it through this trial with the grace that Loughlin showed everyday of his life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad I didn't get to hear you teach yesterday; I know I missed out. My heart is happy that you were able to find some peace in giving such a great service to others by studying and then teaching through the Spirit. I pray that you will continue to be lifted up in the moments you need it most. Love you.

Bridget said...

I, too, felt like I was pulled up out of my grief when in the course of one month I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting and also be a guest speaker in the Laurel's class. I had to pull it together and get out my scriptures and seek inspiration. Inspiration that I didn't think I had access to. As it turns out, Heavenly Father knows what he's doing when he calls us to serve.

I'm happy for you that you were able to teach. May you have another opportunity or two in the upcoming months.