Friday, April 10, 2009

Sunshine

I need the sun to come out today. The last couple of days have been so hard. Val invited us to Brody's baseball game but I really don't know if I can do it. Loughlin was so looking forward to baseball season this year. It was the only sport he really wanted to play and he loved Brody so much. He was such a great friend to him. I wish I could just watch him play one more time, catch that last ball, smack that last hit. His All-star hat sits on the top of my fridge making my heart ache, longing to cheer him on.
I am taking cupcakes to Giles' classroom today, I am going to put on that happy face, I keep in my jar by the door. His party is tomorrow, and Easter on Sunday. Celebrations of life in the midst of sorrow over a death. Life is so Ironic.

No comments: