Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's


How I wish today God would just say those two beloved words, "April Fool's", and give me my life back; my son back at High School driving his mom crazy with all of those things 15 year old boys do, playing baseball last night at the game, driving around with his permit and doing the Geometry that his mom has never liked, that I could have my husband back the way he was before all of this happened, that Cyrus has no concerns except that he didn't finish his homework last night, that True could go a week without being in the principals office(which he had never been in before the accident),that I could actually make it through one day without breaking down into pieces, that I could walk into Maya's room without seeing her make shift shrine to her dead brother and sister, that when we went to Boondocks we had an even amount of kids so Lea didn't have to say, if Loughlin were here he would take me on the cars", that Giles had his biggest fan cheering him on in his soccer game last night, but just like this life those kind of dreams never come true! I am stuck in this nightmare. Yesterday I didn't have such a bad day but that is because I didn't want to face reality and I ignored the fact that my son is gone until I went to pick Cyrus up from school and the High school was playing their baseball game behind the school. I lost my smile, my better outlook and I was left with this reality that I do not like and that I do not really want to live in.

3 comments:

Heather C said...

I wish for you guys that it was all just a really bad April Fool's joke and you could have your family all together. I am thinking of you and sending you some big hugs from here in Denver.

Love my babes said...

I really don't know how you do it. You are holding up everyone and leaving yourself for last. You are such a loving and involved mom. I am here for you always and have a hug anytime you need one.
Love ya

Keenan said...

I haven't been able to read your whole blog yet but Adam has and we have both really enjoyed reading it and think you should continue. Maybe print it someday. You have a way with words and we feel for you. You will pull through. You are a strong woman. Give my bro a big hug for me. I miss him so much and think about you all everyday.