Thursday, April 23, 2009

Maya's 3rd Place in the Science Fair


Maya received a 3rd place in the science fair with a project titled,'Polka Dot Celery". It showed how leaves get the water and nutrients they need from the roots through tubes called xylem. She spent two days memorizing the big words she would have to use like, evaporate and molecule, xylem and phloem. I am so proud of her because she gets really nervous when she has to speak to adults. Cyrus won once in 4th grade with a project on feeding steers. True had a great project on homemade fire extinguishers but didn't place.
I am grateful for a Bishop and friends that try and help out the best they can. I am grateful for a Savior that knows my needs and comforts me when I ask. I missed Loughlin so much yesterday and thought about him constantly. It will be 6 months on Monday, it seems like yesterday and yet seems like forever since I got to hold him in my arms.

No comments: