Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sadness

This morning taking the kids to school, it felt as if the accident happened yesterday. Driving past the place where it took place, it was almost like I felt Lough in the car with us. I had to look in the rear view mirror to make sure he wasn't. I know it sounds so weird but it was so real. I couldn't hardly stand to look at the high school as I passed it. I wish today that I could have just one hour with him. I miss him so much. He was such a great boy and I never told him nearly enough. Wouldn't it be nice if God granted day passes just to visit loved ones on the other side of the veil? I wish I could change the events that happened that day. I still feel so much guilt and anguish over not seeing that truck. I feel so empty today. I feel so sad, so lonely, so responsible, so weak. God please give me the strength to endure and carry on.
I am hoping for better days ahead.

5 comments:

The Holland Family said...

What a cute video of your children. I am so sad for you today missing your Loughlin. He is such a cutie. (((cyber hug))) Hang in there girl! God loves you. Love, Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

Danette Bowen said...

I woke up today and you were the first person I thought of. I wish I could make the saddness go away.
Danette

Love my babes said...

That was a cute video of the kids. Makes me feel better that Giles cries like Connor does. Don't want them to grow up too fast. Loved Loughlins smile!

Heather C said...

I loved seeing the video of all the kids. Giles crying about school reminded me of my youngest who was the same way starting school.

♫ Sabrina ♫ said...

Have you ever watched the movie 'Fireproof'? It's really good and taught me alot. "Being fireproof doesn't mean that there isn't gonna be a fire, but that you will have the power to withstand it"-'Fireproof' Be fireproof Aunt Kenda, stay strong!
-Sabrina