Tuesday, April 14, 2009

O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?




Sometimes I feel as if my Savior has abandoned me, as if I am alone in this, and there is no way to make it through. I have felt that way this whole week. I feel as if God has asked me to bear more than I am able, that he is piling on and I am already breathless.


Then blessings come and friends show up at my door with cream puffs my hips do not need, that Harlen seems to be himself again, that friends reach out in ways that are unseen by most but not by me and then I think I am going to make it, that I can do this, that Christ has always been with me, that He is holding me up, that He forgives me for my anger and my self-pity, that He rejoices in the small joys I find in my days, that He, is who sends me blessings through others, that one day He will allow me to hold Loughlin and Rhiannon in my arms again and our family will be together and whole once more.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Heavenly Father blesses us to work through this grief. How wonderful that you have a great support group.

Sharon said...

I don't know you or your family. I found your blog several weeks ago and have been reading it ever since. I just wanted you to know that there is a stranger out there that is thinking of you and your family often. I have cried for you and will continue to pray for you. I don't expect that anything I have to say will be particularly helpful, but I wanted to say something anyway.

Take care,
Sharon Anderson (of Lehi, UT)

Tanner and Shasta said...

You don't know me. I have a friend that is apart of the angel blog and I clicked on your name. It's so strange that I've never met you or anyone you know, and yet I sit here in tears just wishing I could somehow help you. Please know how sorry I am, sorry that this is your new reality and sorry that you and your family have lost your son.
Here is a song you might like. It's called Someday by Celtic Women
Take care-Shasta Mesa, AZ