Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Harlen

The man I love.
Harlen, Loughlin and Cyrus back when life was simple.

4 Generations only one left.

Today was my eternal companions birthday. For the most part it turned out to be a fairly happy day after a rocky beginning. He turned 41 this year. We spent the day with his mom and her husband and Harlen's niece, Amber and Nick her husband. We barbecued and I made fried potatoes with onions, Harlen's favorite, white sour cream cake with vanilla frosting, Tillamook's Marion Berry Pie Ice Cream and smiles on most of the kids for most of the day, all in all it turned out to be a fairly successful day. I am so gun shy that I have a really hard time letting my guard down. I also missed Loughlin so much. I cried myself to sleep last night holding his favorite hoody. Church for me today was really hard. I felt so exhausted, so many feelings in the last week, days when I wondered which way my life was heading, days of family fun with me just missing Loughlin.

2 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on Mia's blog. I've read your blog every day and have wanted to comfort you but didn't know how or what to say. I pray for you and hope for your life to take a turn for the better. I'm so sorry about your husband and all of his stuff. I can't imagine dealing with all of that on top of your grief. I would be crying myself to sleep and more. I wish you peace and comfort. I think about you alot. I know you are such an amazing woman. All of us angel moms are pulling for you. Hang in there and vent to us anytime. We love you. Love, Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

Danette Bowen said...

Kenda...
I love your last post, if people are upset about what you are writing they don't need to read it...this is America! I am thinking about you often. I appreciate you asking about helping out with preschool with Tyson. Through everything you are going through you are still thinking of others. I said a prayer for you today!
Danette