Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Giles, Grandma and April



Happy Birthday to my handsome young son Giles. He turned 7 today, he has been with his dad all day delivering bulls to Utah and I miss the little guy so much. I guess next Saturday we are going to celebrate his big day with friends and family. He got the MP3 player he has been asking for before he left. Nana gave him a camera when they went buy her house. I had told him the day before that he could only have one or the other. He chose the MP3 player so when Nana gave him the camera he asked his dad if he had to give it back. He was only suppose to get one. What a great little man I am raising, so loving and caring. I cherish each day I have with you in my life, Giles. I love you with all of my heart.

Today is also my Grandma Harmer's birthday. I lost her 9 years ago and I miss her everyday. She was my strength after Rhiannon died. She never once judged me or made me feel inadequate because of the circumstances of Rhiannon's birth. She just loved; she held nothing. If she were here I know she would just hold me in her arms and tell me it was going to be ok. She knew first hand the pain of losing a child. She lost her Steven as a young toddler in a drowning accident. She dealt with the guilt of not living up to what she thought a mom should be all of her life but she was the best mom and grandma anyone child could ask for. I miss you today, Grandma and love you so very much. I wish for your loving arms to encircle me.

Last but certainly not least, Happy Birthday April. Today you are as old as me. I am so sorry you had to leave this earth so early and leave your family that misses you so very much. I wish I could have been half as virtuous as you were, half as kind, half as loving, half as joyful. I think of you often. I hope you are watching out for Rhiannon and Loughlin up there in the place I know you all are. Give Grandma, Loughlin, and Rhiannon a hug for me, would you? I love you.

3 comments:

Keenan said...

I love this Kenda, so sweet and tender. I am having to fight back the tears and not doing a very good job.

Happy Birthday Giles. We love you. We look forward to seeing you this summer. Take good care of your mom and dad-- give them a hug for me. Love Holly

Heather C said...

Happy Birthday Giles! I love what you wrote here about Giles, Grandma and April. You had me tearing up.

Unknown said...

The music behind is perfect. It made the pictures come alive. What place is this? It is gorgeous and it seems like I have fallen in love with it. I wish I find an event venue like this for my engagement. I miss my granny too, if she was alive she would have definitely found a place like this faster than me.