Friday, December 17, 2010

Humble enough to listen


Yesterday I received some new advice. I think I was willing to listen because I have been feeling like I am at the bottom of the barrel again. I am swimming round and round trying to find some kind of traction.

I don't know him well but what he said eased my guilt and sorrow just a bit. He asked me if I was still angry. I said yes. He said that is a bad area of the grief process to get stuck in. He asked me if I have been told I couldn't be angry. Well we all know the answer to that question. He told me not to feel bad about being angry especially at God. He said God can handle it and He only wants me to get better fast. I loved hearing those words. I am so full of guilt that it took just a little bit away. Now if only the other person I am angry at could get strong enough to handle it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you almost non-stop since your last post, not knowing what to say and afraid of saying the wrong thing. I'm grateful that you were able to find even just a little relief.
Love you.

Bridget said...

You are stronger than you know.