Friday, October 7, 2016

Hunting Season lasts a Lifetime

Loughlin's 1st and only Buck

Loughlin loved to hunt. He hunted in his free time as much as he could. He shot his 1st buck on one of the last day of hunting season. His first hunting season. The mount is beautifully hung going down our stairs. It was an awesome buck. 

True now loves to hunt even more than Loughlin did. He hunts morning and night. He never drew for a tag this year, but did get a bow permit. He shot his first buck with a bow the other night. Now it is Giles turn. It is the first weekend he can go. Harlen, True and Giles headed to Jordan Valley to try to fill Giles' permit. I hope he gets his 1st deer.


On the other hand it is hard for me to put on a smile and say go. It all makes my heart hurt so much. It makes me think of Loughlin and how much he missed, how much joy we missed in him succeeding, how hard it is to be overly excited for the other boys. I also know that their is danger each time they head out with their guns. My grandfather was shot and killed deer hunting in Utah. I have never been a fan and my anxiety is overwhelming when they go. 
Pheasant season opened today, next is duck and goose, then turkey. You see my anguish will go on forever, but hopefully the worry will subside a bit.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is гeally intereѕting, You're аn excessively skilled blogger.
Ι'ѵе joined your feed аnd lօօk forward tߋ in quеst
of extra ߋf your excellent post. Als᧐, I hɑve
shared your web site іn my social networks

Anonymous said...

Ԝhen sߋmeone wrіtes an pareagraph һe/she maintasins tһе image οf a սser iin his/her braon that һow a
user cаn knoѡ іt. Therefoгe that'ѕ why this piece of writing іs outstdanding.
Тhanks!

Anonymous said...

Prettү nice post. I just stᥙmbled upon yoᥙr blog and wished to sɑy that I've
truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I ᴡill be subscribing to
yoir feed and I hope you write again soon!