Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I love Hospitals

I was scheduled for a endoscopy and colonoscopy on Friday. Thursday I started the "cleaning out" process. I started the drain at about 8pm. I had cramps in my back and could barely leave the bathroom. I never slept all of Thursday night. I have a very sensitive stomach and I was miserable. So nothing to eat after Thursday 8pm, and nothing to drink after 4am Friday. I was in good spirits when I got there. (well I hate hospitals and my anxiety was huge) I went in for the procedure and they could not give me enough pain medicine. I was hurting, waking up out of a dead sleep to horrendous pain. They said they couldn't give me anymore meds and it wasn't controlling the pain. I made it through though.

I went home and slept. Saturday I still felt terrible, but Harlen wanted to get the house cleaned up, so I got up and helped, unwillingly. Sunday I started feeling better, but by the night my stomach was getting nauseated. I went to bed, woke up at 1am with horrendous acid reflux. It felt like it was burning my up from the inside out. It was one of my worst bouts. I threw up and I threw up. I threw up so hard I wet my pants. So I showered at 2am. I got out got dressed and started throwing up again. I threw up so hard I broke blood vessels in my eyes. I wet my pants again. (Getting old and having had 7 kids sucks) So I took my 2nd shower at about 3:30 am .

I got dressed and set pillows on my bed so that I was sitting and tried to get some sleep. It wasn't easy still. I was exhausted.

So last night I really needed some shut eye. I went to bed at 10. I had a small bit of reflux but slept through it. At 4 am I woke up with horrible diarrhea. The cramps were so bad up and down my back I was crying. It was with me on and off for the rest of the night and even this morning. I hope this is not a complication from the colonoscopy. I would rather throw up any day of the week.

I have one more test to complete and hopefully the Doc will agree to the surgery. It is hard to be a good wife and mom when you never feel good.

Yesterday Giles played football against Vale, ( the rival team) . I don't understand the rival because I never grew up here. They won 16-8. Everyone was excited. I was mmmmmmm . Giles didn't play much. I wish he would have just had fun instead of insisting on playing a sport he could really get hurt in.
Today Lea plays her 2nd to last volleyball game. She loves it and is going to miss it.

No comments: