Monday, October 10, 2016

I just don't believe anymore

I don't believe anymore in a God or a Jesus Christ, Muhammad, Hindu Gods, Wicca, Buddha, or anything to do with religion. I would like to. It would make life easier, but I am a realist. I might believe in a higher power that created this earth, but to believe he cares is absurd.

I have heard so many platitudes from my believing friends to try to bring me back to the fold. "God loves you the most, that is why he gives you so any trials. Loughlin and Rhiannon are in a better place", A better place? If it is so great, come over here and I will help you get there. smh "They will meet  you on the other side" oh that is helpful. "Loughlin & Rhiannon do not have to live through all of these trials in this mortal life. They are lucky." So Harlen , me and the rest of the kids are not chosen ones?  We are left here on this Earth to what? Get stronger? Be tested?

I have decided to take the so called "easier road" (quote from a lady in church) and believe that shit happens and some of us are so much more unlucky than others, but it isn't because of some kind of presence and the result of my actions. I don't believe it for a minute. The good and the bad are equally damned.

I am a good person. I haven't always made right choices but I try to most days. I help people in need when I can. My empathy button doesn't work like it use to, but who could blame me.


No comments: