Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Control Freak


I can almost read your mind.....We have little if any control on this Earth. I know that and yet I still believe I should have control over what happens to the ones I love. Harlen, Cyrus, and True all went Ocean fishing today. I was fine when they planned it. I was fine while they traveled across the state. I was even fine when Harlen called me as they waited to head out. Then all of the sudden like a tidal wave, the anxiety engulfed me. The worry was all consuming. I just kept thinking three of the men I love most in this life on one boat. A boat on the Oregon Coast. The water is much to cold to survive. I am suppose to trust God to protect them? Can you hear me humph. How many times did I say prayers to keep us safe as we traveled to school? I couldn't count the number  I prayed to Him to keep my baby safe, to protect them all. Why would He listen now? Anyway I hope there is some power out there that will bring them home in one piece.


*Update: I am crazy, well that isn't new but the guys are home safe. They had a great time, caught tons of fish. The captain said it was the calmest day in years, maybe someone was listening, almost to calm to have a good fishing day.

No comments: