Thursday, April 7, 2011

Telemarketers and a new low

I really am trying to keep up a good attitude, turn over this new leaf that seems to be working, but the powers that be seem to always work against me. After the cemetery debacle, I woke up yesterday determined to find some kind of good in the day. I had breakfast with my hubby came home with the energy to get it done. Then the phone rang and I answered, usually I don't answer unknown numbers but hey I am turning over that new leaf I can handle about anything, I thought. The lady says, Hello Mrs. Garner....I was wondering if your son is interested in some SAT material to help him do well on the test. I kept listening, Cyrus is a sophomore. She continues I am sure it would be helpful to your son, Loughlin still is planning to go to college?. At that moment my heart dropped, my soul ached. I replied no he isn't, he died. Gulp, Tears.....She returned with sorry, click! I am sorry too. I spent the rest of the day picking my tattered heart up off the ground. I am sure there will be many more where that come from. The college offers come in the mail at a rate of once a week. I am still missing you son, every moment of every day. Wish I could hear your voice.

2 comments:

~plaid said...

Okay. That just sucks. I don't know what else to say. :(

larsen family said...

So sorry. Really I am. What a kick in the gut. I felt it and it wasn't done to me but I can imagine the hurt. Thinking of you.

Jen Larsen