Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Easter Promise



You would think that Easter would make a parent of a child, who has died, peaceful, but quite the opposite can be said for me. I have been angry for about 4 days. I couldn't get my head around why, but I know why now. I am having the same reaction as I do to talks and lessons on Death and Resurrection. I feel like screaming at the top of my voice, "BRING HIM BACK TOO." Crazy, I know but I can't rid my mind of the turbulence it causes. I can handle Rhiannon's death a little easier because of the promise of raising her, if it is all true, but Loughlin will never experience any of those events teenagers and young adults do. Please don't give me that he is doing more important things. What could possibly be more important than being the most incredible big brother on the planet. His siblings need him, and isn't there a saying "Family First", just not for our family.

1 comment:

tea with the paniagua family said...

you have every right to be angry and you have every right to question it all. i know when my child was sexually abused, i was told that he knew this was going to happen to him and that in order for him to work his way back to the celestial kingdom he would have to have faith and he would show his faith by enduring such a horrible abuse in his life. i dont undertand how this could even be possible.