Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

As a farmer's wife, I always use to change the words to this song to, Rainy days and Mondays always make me smile, but life has changed completely for me. Rainy days were great because Harlen did not have to work and could spend some time with us and Mondays always seemed new because of the spiritual strength I had just received from Sunday. Harlen use to smile when I sang along with that song on the radio but changed the words. Yesterday I heard the song again and thought how ironic that it is exactly opposite of how it use to be. Rainy days are hard to handle when you are already trying to keep a smile on your face. It seems the darkness easily creeps in when you can find no sunshine. And each Monday I relive the morning of the accident. I go through in my mind what we were doing that morning and it is always eerily the same as it was every Monday morning before and after but because of one thing that was different, my life will never be the same. As Uchtdorf once commented on, it is all a matter of degrees, how just small degrees can change everything.

Harlen is completely down with his back. He can barely stand for a few minutes. He has so much to do and the stress can not be good. I am hoping he will ask for a blessing soon. If it helped just a little bit I would be grateful.

I dreamed of Loughlin last night. It was a little strange but it was still him and how it use to be. It is the first time since the accident that I have seen him in my dreams. I am exhausted, maybe that is the key though to get really tired. I loved seeing him even if it was make believe. I love him.
One of my Best Friends in the whole world and her new grandbaby Stella Louise Thompson. Congratulations Norm and Julie, she is so beautiful.

No comments: