Friday, March 27, 2009

A Pretty Great Day!




Yesterday Harlen took the day off and all of us went to Boondocks for a day of fun. We began at a very fun restaurant that serves all sorts of wings, then off to laser tag, race tracks, miniature golf and video games. It was a day of small miracles and coincidences, that weren't simply coincidences. The most important thing is that we had a great time! The kids were happy, for the first time in a long time I saw smiles, not make believe but real smiles on their beautiful faces. I am grateful for that.
While miniature golfing I got 5 hole in ones out of the first 6 holes, some of these were one handed because I was carrying Maya's purse wit the other, some were blinded because I wasn't paying attention, the most incredible one was helping Lea. The ball bounced off the rock about 3 ft in the air and then landed in the hole. It was amazing!!
Cyrus was awesome at slick track and True gave Lea a great ride on the Road Track. Maya and Giles enjoyed everything, especially the crazy games they win tickets on. Harlen and I were happy just watching the joy.
Kelly Trout, our auctioneer for our bull sale, was there. Harlen and him had a good chat, then much to our surprise Cyrus' and Maya's nurse from St. Alphonsus came up to talk to us all. She just happens to be Kelly's niece. She was the most incredible nurse. She made those most difficult days bearable. We wanted so bad to get a hold of her but neither could remember her name. We had thought of her often wanting to do something nice for her, in return for her kindness. She just happened to be the niece of another who was a gift in our life. Kelly did such a wonderful job on our sale this year and really helped make another hard day easier.
I thought of Loughlin often yesterday. Boondocks was his favorite place to go. We forgot our camera which is terrible because it was a day worth remembering.
I talked to my bishop a couple of nights ago too. As my posts have told I am in a real difficult time in this grieving process. I have more questions than answers and they seem to weigh heavy on my heart. Bishop didn't offer the answers but he did give me some hints on how to get out of the darkness. Sometimes it is hard to serve others when your own storm is so fierce but that is what I am going to put my heart and soul into, that is when I shine and that is the only way out of this fog. I even prayed today, a real prayer. I am hoping for some better days. I am hoping for my Father's love to be with me.
Eric Clapton sings two beautiful songs that I love, one is Tears in Heaven and the other is 'My Father's Eyes'. He lost a son a couple of years ago and these songs he wrote in his storm. I enjoy listening to them. I love that he found God through his trial. I thought it ironic that he found God and I was losing my faith in God. That thought alone has made me look for my faith again.

3 comments:

Heather C said...

I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful day together. You guys all deserve some days like that.

Rachelle said...

Wow, Kenda, your truly an amazing woman..I loved reading your blog and I am in awe that you are able to put your feelings into words. I'm sorry if I invaded your feelings by reading it. I'm so glad you and your family had a good day..

Keenan said...

Amazing and awesome golfing Kenda! So glad you all had fun. Holly