Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Waves

I would describe the way the sorrow comes as waves in an ocean. One day you feel like you are going to make it and the next it is hard to breath. Not only days but hours in the days.
Today we tried Christmas shopping for our other 5 children. It was so difficult. I almost couldn't finish but I did not want to have to go again. I kept thinking about Loughlin. What would he have wanted? He never wanted much and always was so very thankful for the things he received.
I heard somewhere that spirits stay around until the ones they leave are able to handle the loss. I know I am being selfish but I hope he is still here. I miss him more than words can express. I wish I could just hold him one more time.
Loughlin's high school wants to put a special memorial page in the year book for him. We need to give them material by Thursday. I don't know what I could give them that would describe what a great young man he was. What would do justice for his life?
Please Lord comfort me, help me make it through another day without him.

No comments: