Monday, December 15, 2008

Better Day

Today is a much better day. Last night the Bishop and Rob came over to offer special blessings on our family. The blessing I received from the Bishop was very powerful and understanding of exactly how I was feeling at the time. Rob gave Harlen his blessing. They have been such close friends for such a long time that I think Rob knows just how Harlen is feeling. Cyrus and True also received a blessing. It brought the spirit back into our home and raised our hopes again. I feel grateful today for the time I had with Loughlin instead of cheated because of the time I didn't have.
Rob and Kim asked me to make a Christmas poem for them this year to send out to friends and family. I finished it this morning and now am reconsidering my decision to not do Christmas cards this year. My attitude could change tomorrow but for today I feel grateful to my Savior for helping me carry this burden. Today the pain in my heart is manageable. I still miss Loughlin with all of my being but I have remembered so many wonderful times today instead of just the sadness. Lea has helped me recall most of them.

No comments: