Friday, May 15, 2015

Rhiannon's Birthday 27 years old


This is Rhiannon and I when she was a week old. May 23, 1988. I don't know how many times I have told my story but I was 17 when I got pregnant and 18 when I had her. I had planned on giving her up for adoption but the adoptive parents backed out on us at the last minute. She had low blood sugar , so they kept her at the hospital for 5 days. That left 9 days with her. I brought her home from the hospital. I loved her so much. She was so beautiful and such an easy baby. I was reluctant but excited, scared but fulfilled. So many mixed emotions inside me, but I was happy, really happy.


I have very few pictures of her, in fact 2 and a video. I didn't know I wouldn't have her long. I should have took so many more. I was young and stupid and believed in a fair and just world, not really, but that was my excuse. In 2 weeks she would die of SIDS next to me in my bed. Who said life was fair?

No comments: