Monday, May 21, 2012

The Power of Prayer


Lessons on prayer seem to put my anxiety on high alert. Of all of the faith related aspects of religion, it seems prayer has by far suffered the most. I have no faith in the power of prayer. I find it insulting to my intelligence to tell me God is in control of every minuscule, molecule of our life but then to tell us to pray if you need something. Well if He is in charge what difference does a prayer make? I know it never kept my family safe, when we prayed for it every morning. And for those that might comment "well it did every time before that", Not quite good enough for me.

 As far as blessings helping your son out of the hospital a couple of days earlier than another boy because your son got a priesthood blessing. I am almost positive God does not or would not work like that. 


The countdown to graduation is steaming right on and today the grief is back in full throttle. Green day was playing on the way home from town, "another turning point, a fork stuck in the road, time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go,so make the best of this test and don't ask why,it's not a question but a lesson learned in time, it's something unpredictable but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life." Loughlin loved this song. I miss him.

No comments: