Thursday, May 10, 2012

Graduation & Everything that goes with It






I have to say I completely underestimated the dismal response I would have to the upcoming graduation of Loughlin's classmates. I had ignored all of the extras that go along with it, the announcements, invites, presents, parties, and happiness. We also have to choose 8 of Lough's friends to give scholarships to. He had great friends and it is so hard. I just want to hibernate for a month until it is all over. I am almost positive he would be leaving for the "Y" and starting his life in the big bad world. It feels so unfair. I wonder what he would look like, how tall, how smart, would he have a girlfriend??? But most of all I just dream of holding my grown up boy.

Cyrus finally got his driver's license yesterday He was so excited and I was so proud. I love him so much. He is such a brave man. And then I could see all the excitement and happiness drain out of him this morning as he thought of taking the kids to school. He doesn't want that responsibility and really who would blame him. I wish I could bring back that naive and happy world we use to live in. I have tried but it is impossible. I feel honored to have such a son. In the last month he turned students in for cheating in his school, knowing the repercussions even from some teachers. He is mature beyond his years, beyond some adults years. He is exactly what his brother Loughlin and him always were, Steadfast, Decent and Principled. He is such a model for the others to look to.






No comments: