Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fair isn't Fair



Our family spent the last week at Fair as we have since Loughlin was in the 5th grade. For the most part it is an exhausting event. We wake up at 6:00 am and return back home at about 11 pm. The kids wash, feed and show their steers. It was a great year on performance. Cyrus won Reserve Grand Champion in FFA with his steer. True and Maya both recieved second place in there class. It is the best we have done in years, but yes here comes the BUT......This year Loughlin would be a senior. Many of his friends attended fair. The Nyssa senior class was in charge of trash everyday. We got to see so many of his classmates and it hurt. It hurt to see them so grown up and moving on. It hurt to see them with their girlfriends having fun. It hurt so much. He will forever be 15 years old. The world still revolves. The seasons change but he will always remain the same. My heart is aching so much this morning.

2 comments:

Karli said...

I thought of you today and missed your kiddos in primary. I wished I could have seen you and let you love on Beckham a little...not to displace what you're feeling at all, but to give you a glimpse of your boy as a baby again. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you weren't at church yesterday, too, and thought it was probably due to the fair. And like Karli, I thought of you as I watched Beckham in the nursery going down the slide and running around like a bull in a china shop with the biggest smile on his face...he reminds me so much of your cute kids and I love that you love him.
Just know that we care and are aware of you even when our paths don't cross. :)