Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trump Card

I have never been a great lover of board games or even card games. I would rather watch a movie or read a book. I would rather even do dishes than play games, but trying to play a game with someone who holds a trump card is hell. It is trying and trying only to be cut down at your knees every time you seem to be rolling a 12, or at that a 2. It isn't fun anymore. I could be holding 3 of a kind but with that card that is hidden under his leg, even though you have seen him draw a crappy hand he can pull off a victory, and not only that throw it in your face, jump around and do the belly dance, ruin your day, maybe your week, but I am in charge of my life and I choose not to play the game anymore.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I like to play Rook...which involves trump cards. I've won with some pretty crappy hands just because I happened to have a lot of the trump suite. And that victory dance has come from me at times.

The best victories though are when I don't have the trump cards...but have counted them and "know" where they are. Sometimes, I can get more points than the one holding the trump color.

It's okay if you don't want to play the game anymore. You will come out victorious Kenda.