Tuesday, May 17, 2011

23 Years

Yesterday was Rhiannon's 23rd birthday. On a day like that you can't help wonder what life would be like if she was still here. She would be a high school graduate, maybe college, maybe married. I might even be a grandma. It's hard to say I miss her. I can hardly remember her smell, her touch, her smile. I do grieve for the time I missed with her. I am sad that my life took this turn and losing Loughlin only emphasized her loss.

So Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. I wish I could have held you and raised you but I still love you everyday.

1 comment:

Heather C said...

Happy birthday Rhiannon. I am thinking about you today Kenda. I wonder those things about April too, what she would be like, would she be married. It is like they say that when someone dies early you are not only mourning the present but the future too. Love you.