Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ripe for the Pickin'

I have debated with myself about posting this. In the past I have been accused of being anti-church. (Which I was really just anti-God, anti-everything, Bitter and angry, touched with a bit of mania) But whatever makes one think they are right about another.
Sunday our LDS missionaries spoke in church. The one was talking about how it is our responsibility as church members to find contacts for them. True True. But then she babbled on about how if you knew someone that had just had a baby or LOST A CHILD they would be a perfect contact.?????????

Really?????????????????

Now the anger comes out. Look into the heart of someone that has lost a child and you might find anger, and sorrow and bitterness but a chance to convert ?????EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK

WOW! I thought I had heard most of it but I was so far from wrong!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Do you remember a video that the church or BYU did 20 or so years ago that was about a family who had lost their 5 year old daughter? I believe a car hit her while she was riding her bike. The video shows the couple talking about it and how torn up they were and then how they were searching for meaning in their lives. Then the missionaries knocked on their door...or maybe a co-worker talked to the dad about religion. Anyway, they ended up joining the church.

I wonder if the missionary was thinking about that movie? Or this type of situation? I know that when I was serving as a missionary (or even just having a lack of so many life experiences as a teen/young adult) I had lots of misconceptions about people and problems and the reality of life. My life was so simple back then and I projected that simplistic view on others.

Even with the birth of my children I never felt the stereotypical "miracle" crying from joy feelings. I was just happy to get each kid out. Wow. I hurt and wanted the pain to stop. So, I wouldn't have fit this missionary's idea of someone who was pondering the purpose of life there either.

It really does sound like she's watched too many movies and not had enough of her own experiences. But she will soon enough.