Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day # 8


Countdown to our sale is at 3 days. It is the biggest day of the year for our family, a kind of make it or break it ordeal. Cy and True have been helping their dad wash bulls for the last few days. Which has got me thinking about how much Loughlin didn't like working with the cows. Once when Maya was very small, Loughlin had taken her with him on the 4-wheeler to help his dad get some bulls in. One of the bulls came at him and he told me he felt helpless to protect his little sister. Since that day the cattle made him jumpy. He tried so hard to help out but sometimes it would just get to be too much and he would throw his rope down and stomp back to the house. I remember smiling and knowing he was going to do something so much bigger. He was so smart and had it all together. It is so hard knowing that his life was cut down way to soon.

1 comment:

{ Bethany } said...

Your posts have been so brave. I don't think I could write about Gavin everyday...it would be too hard. Perhaps this goal could be reduced to once a month? I don't want you to feel bad that it hurts too much. He knows you love him with, or without, a blog post every day. *hug*