Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day #9 Starting again.....


I know I have been absent for a while but life has once again got in the way.


Today I thought I would talk about how much Loughlin loved all the wild rides at lagoon, Disneyland and even the carnival. His life was anything but wild though. He was calm. He was loving. He loved nature and his family and friends. He loved to just take the day and enjoy the outdoors.


Since Loughlin left us here on Earth my life has felt like a really long ride on a roller coaster that I never bought tickets for. I want off. I would like to be a spectator at all of the other people riding this crazy ride we call life.


My dad was diagnosed with cancer last week. The coaster took a dive down below the loading ramp. We thought the surgery went well on Wednesday. I felt the slow ride back up to where I could breath again but yesterday the test results came back with not such great news. Only half way up and the roller caster headed down again, how far I don't know. Friday they will go back in and try again. I love my dad. He has always been there for me, never judged, only loved, wishing he could trade places with me, if not just for a while. He is so much like his mom and my Grandma that I miss so much. How I wish she was here to put her arms around me and my dad. I know she would make me smile again.


Miss you so much Loughlin and Rhiannon. If you have any pull up there at all, tell Him I need my dad here with me for a lot longer. He has taken enough great ones from this Earth for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the results were not what you were hoping for. Hopefully they will be better results on Friday. We have appreciated how kind your dad is, too.
He always goes out of his way to make us feel welcome whenever he's up this way.
Give him our love! We will continue to keep him (and you)in our prayers.

plaidspolitics said...

I admit I had to skip lower when I saw the word Lagoon. I hate finding that word without knowing it's coming. But it's weird how our lives have so many parallels. My actual dad abandoned my family when I was four. He was really not at all involved in my life (not even with child support for many years). His brother, his dad, and my mom's dad were the three men who filled that hole the best it could be filled. They were my "dads." Both my grandpa and my grand dad already passed away. So the only dad I had left was my uncle. And he died a week ago today. He started having trouble breathing, went to the hospital and collapsed when they were trying to get him ventilated. He had had a clot that went to his lungs. There was fluid around his heart. They found cancer there. It was already at his heart. So it was spread everywhere by that point, and he was getting sicker. All his organs began to fail. He died one week ago today. I know what you mean about needing them here, and I hope your dad gets more time with you.

Colleen said...

I am so sorry for your losses.

I found your blog through the Angel Children blog. I am looking to connect with other mothers that have lost teens.

I lost my 15 year old son 3 years ago on March 26, 2007 in a go-cart accident.

If you feel comfortable please contact me. colleenterrill@gmail.com
http://heroesinheaven.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

I hope your roller coaster starts to climb soon, and keep going up. Thank you for your post and I will send prayers your way.