Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And on the 7th day......

We should rest, but their is no rest from this agony known as grief. It comes in waves. It comes in typhoons. It comes in so many forms but everyday it comes.

Today was a difficult one. I went to yell down to wake up the boys this morning and I felt my lips form the sound of Lough.....A year and 4 months later and yet the longing for him, to come up the stairs, wanting bacon for breakfast is overwhelming. It seems the heartache is worse than ever before. I miss him so much. I love the man he was becoming. I love the incredible teenager he was and I especially love all of the memories I have of him growing up.

On this day I want to talk about a special bond Loughlin had with another young man in our area. Another friend who has had his share of trials and ups and downs, and now who is also lost, not physically but into some corners of his mind. I am sure his mom misses him just like I miss Loughlin. His name is Brandon and he played an important part in the growth and learning of Loughlin. He taught Loughlin many lessons, patience, unconditional love and courage. Loughlin loved him so much. Tuesday his parents made a hard decision to place him in a new home. The night before he left we went to visit and the few words Brandon spoke to us were asking about Loughlin. What a gift for me and his siblings. Brandon I am sure you miss Lough, as we miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know from past experience that Loughlin, Cy, True and all of your family were so good to Brandon and I know that Tammy really appreciates it. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before he left. We went up, too, and I'm glad we went. Such a hard decision for sure, but one that I hope brings all of them some peace. Know that I am still here for you and I'm sorry when the weight of it all still feels so heavy.