Saturday, August 15, 2009

Parents say the darndest things.....

Funny how weeks go by without anyone saying stupid, hurtful comments to you and all in a span of a week, the comments are overflowing. Yesterday my dad, as the whole family sat around the living room, thought he would throw out this, " Your kids are gone before you can blink your eye". It sat there in the air as everyone looked at me for a response. I said I am so glad you reminded me of that dad, you are so helpful. I think I am overly sensitive but also just tired of the BS that those whom are suppose to love you most hurt you most. I have been in Utah for 5 days and want so bad to go, not necessarily home but just to run. I started walking a couple of weeks ago and now I walk an hour morning and night with a little jogging in between. Now my late nights are 2am instead of 4. Maybe when I get to a point where I am full out running I will sleep but I am not holding my breath. I need a real vacation, hotel, room service, massages, not coming out of the room for anything. I am so tired. Missing Loughlin so much. Reunions are so hard and I don't know why I insist on going it would be a lot easier just to stay home.

2 comments:

The Holland Family said...

I hope the jogging/walking helps you. When Mia passed away, I had the urge to run. Run away from the hurt,and anxiety. So I did just that. I need to get back to it. It really helped. Endorfins I guess. Love Ya, Nicole

Bridget said...

Sometimes, it's hard not to be sensitive. I hope you are able to connect with a cousin or someone you love at this reunion who you haven't seen in a while. That can be helpful and healing.