Sunday, August 2, 2009

Empty

One Empty red and white chair,
Loneliness and Despair
Everything comes in two's
from chairs to shoes
but when we sit together as one
the strings that bind have come undone
one empty chair, one empty seat
now he is gone we're not complete
So sad am I, so lonely, so blue
I want to run somewhere that's new
where no one knows the pain I feel
Where life is different, somewhat surreal.
But shadows follow wherever I go
unless in darkness, a place I know
So I will sit in this red and white chair
in this time of trouble, my burden to bear
until that day when his seat is filled
and our life together, again we'll build.

3 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Did you write this? It is beautiful. I'm sorry for your pain. I hurt today too. Dang it! Love, Nicole

Bridget said...

My thoughts are with you. Our losses are within a few weeks of each other. Sometimes it's just hard.

I don't know if you ever read Sheye Rosemeyer's blog. She lives in Australia and is a photographer. She has a beautiful daughter who has been gone a little while. She posted this recently and I really liked it. Maybe you will, too.

http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/2009/08/heart-mending-plans-memories/

momof72nheaven said...

yes I mess with the poetry a little. It helps get my mind clear. I don't post much. I was sitting at BK the other night just the 7 of us and it struck me how there will always be one empty chair now and forever....... Pain.