Monday, January 26, 2009

Rescuing Kurt

On Saturday I received a disturbing phone call from my mom concerning my brother, Kurt. He has had a lot of trouble in his life as of late and was thinking suicide. My parents were frantic. I called him and tried to talk him out of it over the phone. I tried to get across to him how much I love him and how much my kids love him, that even if he didn't think so we needed him. Harlen, Cyrus and I left Saturday night at 6:30 to go and get him. He is staying with us now. I don't think I could live through another loss in my life right now. I hope by being with my family he will get the desire to find a way out of the choices he is making in his life.
Cyrus is really struggling through his days. I wish what happened on Thursday would not have happened. It feels like we are starting all over with getting Cyrus back to some kind of normalcy in his life. What a counselor!!
I am hoping for our prayers and those of others to get us through another difficult time.

No comments: