Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Answers to prayers

I don't think it is just coincidence that after 4 really hard days I prayed for some relief and wow it came in so many forms in the last few days that it should sustain me for a little while. I have an incredible cousin that turned me on to a family blog in Park City, Utah of some incredible parents that lost their daughter last May. I have been occasionally reading their blog and felt inspired that I should contact Molly, the wonderful mom. She quickly emailed me back the answer to my question because a few around my family in the last days have made us feel like we were not handling this trial well. She made me feel very comfortable about the way I was feeling and gave me so many helpful suggestions on ways to combat the doubt that creeps in on my testimony of God, Jesus and the gospel. I am so very grateful for her taking the time out of her day to help me feel better about myself and help me edge closer to my Heavenly Father again.
Today when I dropped my kids off at school, the principal stopped me in the hall to talk to me for a few minutes. He is also a member of our church and the bishop of another ward. He told me he went home teaching to an inactive family the other night. The boy who is a few years younger than Loughlin told him that he really missed Loughlin and he had the pictures off the funeral program cut out and had put them on the inside of his binder for school. I often feel as though Loughlin's mission began on this Earth a long time ago and it keeps going here still today. He touched so many lives for the better and I hope some good will come out of our loss.
I received flowers from my wonderful husband. This act of kindness warmed my heart and brightened my day. I love the man that he is and the strength he is for me.
Tonight I received a loving email from that same cousin who has directed me in the right direction many times in these last few months. We were so close as kids and it is so nice having someone from my side of the family be so encouraging and loving. Harlen's family is so strong in the gospel and is always calling and sending letters. My mom and dad are not very religious, my two brothers are struggling with trials of their own. I lost my Grandma almost 9 years ago. She was my rock. I think about her often. She always held me up when I could not stand myself. I cling to the two sisters she has left on this Earth for they are what I have left of her. Family has always meant so much to me. So thank you Heidi for taking the time to check on me. I have always loved your family . They have always been there for me. It is the gospel that makes you shine.

1 comment:

Keenan said...

Loughlin won't be forgotten. Holly