Friday, May 27, 2016

Bitter Sweet Graduation videos

Giles graduated from 8th grade last night. I have never been a great fan of 8th grade graduation because I think it is just another grade on the the was to high school graduation. I feel like it is cutting the celebration a little early. But he made it. He barely made it at times but he did make it. He is popular and funny. He is stubborn as a mule, but it can be a good thing. He struggled a bit because of his surgery and subsequent time spent in the wheelchair. He had a difficult time catching up. I am proud of him for making it to the next level.
8th grade graduation is one of the last times I had a picture of Loughlin. Last night they did a slide show of all of the kids. They played current music to all of the pictures and video clips. Then right before a video of Giles showing off his yoyo skills the music changed to Green Day's, "Good Riddance", Loughlin's favorite song and group. The song was released in 1997. It is more than coincidence that this song was chosen, at least for me. Loughlin's way of saying great job Giles!

No comments: