Thursday, October 1, 2015

Just another Lump in the Road

For the last week I have been fighting thoughts of my demise, but they were premature to say the least. I had a mammogram last Wednesday and they found a large mass on my breast. I told a few people including Harlen about it. It seemed the longest week and I didn't have very many positive thoughts on the outcome. My life has been more than challenging, I was prepared for another one.

But the lump was a benign cyst and I live to torment my readers on the blogosphere for years to come. I was surprised how much fun I could have with my family through the midst of the unknown. We traveled to Eugene and watched the University of Utah (my favorite college team since I was 6) play the Ducks of Oregon. The first quarter was a great game, but then Utah trounced the Ducks. It wasn't even enjoyable at that score. But being with my family was so unforgettable. Harlen's best friends from school were there too. Cyrus is going to school at the U of O now in Eugene

 
 

1 comment:

mom/Janet said...

Great news! See, you are having fun with your family. That is wonderful and so nice you have those memories. Happy for you!