Friday, August 21, 2015

Mumford & Sons

Mumford & Sons Walla Walla Washington August 2015



This last Friday Cyrus , McKayla and I got to travel to Walla Walla Washington to listen to my favorite new group perform in an open field. There were around 25,000 people there. We were packed into this venue like sardines. I don't do crowds well. I don't like strangers touching, talking to me. I was miserable for about an hour waiting for the group to set up but then Mark Munford started playing, then the band followed. I felt chills run down my spine. I was completely mesmerized. I felt like a teenage girl listening to John Lennon for the first time, except I wasn't screaming like a banshee and tearing my hair out. His voice touched my soul. I did tear up. This music, this music that was being played right in front of me had got me through so many dark days, so many sleepless nights, so many "I can't make it another minute without my son"  . I felt silly but I couldn't hold back my emotions. I wanted to really thank him for writing such heartfelt songs. I wanted to thank him for playing a part in getting me through my life. It was the best 3 1/2 hours I have spent in years. WOW I wish everyone could have heard them. I am going to add some of their songs to my playlist on the blog for you to enjoy.



No comments: