Thursday, April 18, 2013

I swear It isn't Contagious



You would think people would know that losing a child wasn't a contagious disease. You would think that they would know that even though it is so weird for them to be around parents and children who have lost their loved one, it is even harder for us to feel the distance between us. I don't have a lot of the same friends as before the accident. It is just different. They ignore the fact that you had this marvelous young man in your life and in most cases they won't even mention his name. But I am a grown up. I found new friends to fill this void. In fact one friend in particular that has lived this hell and lived to help me through it.

But my kids are another whole story. They are not grown-ups. They can't easily find good friends. They do not understand why people shun them, why they are outcasts, why friends they use to have, have no interest in doing things together. I am on my knees pleading with my Heavenly Father to send an Earthly Angel fast. We need one, just a little happiness, a little fun.

No comments: