Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Heavy Heart




I come here today with such a heavy heart. One of my good friends has had an accident on a horse and is fighting for her life. When we changed schools I didn't get to see her as often and I always missed her smiles and her confidence building statements like, "Who gives a crap what they think?" I always felt like she was on my side. She never once judged me and I never took the time to tell her THANKS. When Harlen and I were struggling after losing Loughlin, she would always say, "Anytime you are ready, Mark and I want to go out to dinner." She was always filled with kindness in her heart. She is a kindred spirit. There are few who tell you the truth no matter what. She was like that. True is good friends with her son and just yesterday he decided to go back to Nyssa, not because of this but because it is time.

Thursday when I took Cyrus in to sign up for school in Nyssa they gave me a copy of the 2012 yearbook. The young people in that class just keep amazing me and amazing me. They took the first two pages of the yearbook and plastered them with pictures of Loughlin, two pages. They also dedicated the book to him. I love his graduating class, incredible souls. One of his friends even mentioned him in her Appreciations. I should of stopped reading there but I read on and on and on. I found myself green with envy at all the things they had done and we had missed. Oh I miss him so much. His possibilities were endless.

They wrote this in the yearbook......
"Throughout the years we have saved many cherished memories of you in these hallways and class rooms. Now the time has come where we must leave behind high school, receive our diplomas, and go our separate ways. Although there is one thing that will never change, Loughlin you will always be with us in our hearts."



Once again Thanks Class of 2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan just hung up the phone with Mark and she is out of the coma and talking! The doctor told Mark last night it would take a miracle and they had one. They can't have visitors today, but hopefully in a day or two.
I, too, am grateful for that good class of kids and they really do love Loughlin and your family. It cemented them together forever as friends and will always remember their friendship with him. I think the boys will do great this year and we look forward to watching them play football!

Tammy said...

Loughlin will always hold a special place in all our hearts. I hope he is watching over Brandon like he did when he was here on this earth. That is so neat that the yearbook was dedicated to him and that he was remembered so well. Love you!