Monday, July 6, 2009

Wow, can I really do this?

The Last May Reunion when life was simple!

Today at church I was put in the Relief Society Presidency. I really can't believe it. I have never thought I was up to a calling like that. I had a feeling it was coming but ignored it. The feeling was strong, but I thought, what are you thinking? They would never put you there. I wanted a chance to give service, ready or not here it comes. I am hoping for the prayers of friends and family. I know I will need them to to this job to the best of my ability. I hope for a calm in this existence. My blessing said today that God is pleased with me. How could he be? and yet I hope it is true.

Harlen's reunion was all last week. It was so hard being with family in a familiar place without my sweet son. There were times when I could barely breath and other times I actually found joy watching my other kids make a new reality in their lives. I am not ready for that yet. I am still holding on to the memory of what things could have been. I am hoping the pain eases soon. I am praying to my Father in Heaven again. I always have had that prayer in my heart, hoping, loving but I now pray on my knees every night. I pray that this family of mine will stay strong and healthy and that we will make it back to be with Loughlin again. I hope it is all true. the investment is to big to give up now. 3 days with Harlen's family was exhausting, when I arrived home the Bishopric was there to greet me. Quite a weekend!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

May the Lord bless you! You have a special set of experiences and perspective on life that will benefit your family and ward tremendously.

As I look now at other women and families that are aquainted with grief, I see the positive effects it has on them. It was only after Evan died that I found out who else had lost children or siblings when they were children in my ward. These families aren't perfect, but they are doing their best to work toward "together forever someday." They live life to the fullest and always remember their loved one.

Heaven can be an abstract concept...but my Evan isn't abstract. Knowing that I want to be with him again brings some definite-ness to the abstract.

The Holland Family said...

You CAN do it! You will be a great RS pres. The ward needs your love and compassion. I hope it helps you with grieving too. My prayers are with you. Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^