Monday, October 1, 2018

That's not me anymore


That’s not me anymore


I used to wake each day looking forward to a new endeavor.
I used to crack a joke. I was quick. I was clever.
That’s not me anymore.
I used to enjoy a huge crowd, eyes on me as I took the stage.
I read every book I could find and hung on every page.
That’s not me anymore.
I loved to cook all kinds of cuisine.
My house was never perfect, but it was clean.
But that’s not me anymore.
I loved the farm, the bulls, the cows and the lil calves.
Always content, never worried about the didn’t haves.
I’ll never be like that anymore.
I loved to watch my kids in everything they did.
Every song, every hit, every set, even when they slid.
It’s just not me anymore.
I loved my husband with every ounce of my soul.
We went everywhere together. Eternity was my goal.
That’s just not me anymore.
I can’t say I was always smiling, but the joy shined through.
Days I was down there was only just a few.
But I’m not like that anymore.
Back then I believed there was a God that cared about my life.
I believed in forever families and wanted to be a forever wife.
But I don’t believe like that anymore.
I spend days now wondering why I am even here.
All my mistakes and flaws are showing crystal clear.
Cuz that’s not my life anymore.
Getting out of bed each day shouldn’t be a struggle.
And at night I want to be alone. Never want to cuddle.
Happiness eludes me. I don’t feel it anymore.
I worry every moment, every day, every minute.
If this is it. I quit. I don’t want to be in it.
I don’t want to live anymore.

No comments: