Sunday, February 21, 2016

Going Back

Giles has been out of school for 2 weeks. He is horribly behind. In fact so far behind that he might never catch up. He is fighting going back. Wednesday we tried to get him to go back but he got so anxious he was actually sick to his stomach. Thursday, Harlen got him in the car and started towards the school but by the time they got there Giles was inconsolable. He went in only to leave. Friday we didn't even try. He went with Harlen to deliver bulls to Washington. He wants to run away. I feel for him. The sad part of this is Cyrus went through this after the accident. We left him crying and made him go. It was the worst thing I ever did to Cyrus. I should have took him back home, loved him and had patience with him, because it really scarred him. Maya after her SCFE operation I threw her back into school when she was already struggling. Life never got better for her in Adrian again. Giles is sitting in the recliner watching "Psyche" and crying, telling me how hard it is. Another fork in the road. Which is the right way? My heart wants to keep him home, protect him, but my mind knows he needs to go back and face his fears, his anxiety. I am not one to show him an example of facing your fears. I wish I could take it away from him. I love him so much. He is still my baby boy.

No comments: