Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Plates & Screws

Yesterday was Cy's pre-op appointment to get his hardware out of his legs. Over 3 1/2 years with all this metal strengthening his once crushed legs. On Saturday I was up to Harlen's mom's house talking to her and her husband and the accident came up. Fred told me that when they took the blankets back into the ambulance workers, they asked how Cyrus was doing after they amputated his legs. They said he had them both and he was doing pretty good. They were amazed. I never knew that. I never knew really how long Cyrus was trapped in the car with Loughlin just laying there so close. I am sure it felt like an eternity to him. He was awake through it all. He is the strongest young man I know. We had to go through the accident story 3 times yesterday and after all of it, I felt once again like I had been through a 13 round bout . I was sore and tired. I will be glad when this chapter of our lives is finished and we can begin to move forward. It feels sometimes like it will never be finished.


The rest of the time  spent trying to pick out doors and other stuff for the new build on. I feel so unsure of myself. I was really never like this. I don't like it. I want the strong me back. Doors, tubs, windows, siding......should be easy but nothing is easy for my once cognitive brain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that yesterday was a hard day, but grateful you made it through regardless.
It was good to see you on Sunday even though it was just in passing.
I'm excited for your remodeling project and would be happy to help you with the "picking out" stuff anytime you want.
Love ya!