Monday, November 21, 2011

My girl and SCFE


Today is the first time since the accident and losing Loughlin that I am dealing with a medical issue for one of my kids. Maya has a condition known as SCFE. Her chances of getting this is 8 in 100,000. We found out today at 4pm and she is being rushed into surgery tomorrow morning to fix the growth plate at the top of her femur. They will insert a large screw to keep it stable until the growth plate firms. she will be put under anesthesia. I am a basket case tonight. I thought I was getting stronger but tonight I feel like a wet noodle. One of the reasons she could of got this condition is from being overweight. She was never overweight until this life change and losing Loughlin. I am pretty sure everything will turn out fine but that slim chance hangs in the air like the staleness of a cigar, making my stomach churn and my mind work overtime. Please send prayers this way for my beautiful girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers and love for you all x

Anonymous said...

What in the world?! I just read your update! I'm so sorry she and you are having to go through this. I will try to call or text you later to find out where you are and how everyone's doing.
We will keep her (and you) in our prayers. Please give her a hug from us.

Amanda Dobransky said...

I have SCFE. It was caused by fast growth. My dad is 6'8" When they found it when I was 11, My leg was in 3 parts and not in the socket. They were able to screw it all back together and pop it back in. I was rushed into surgery 8 hours after they found out I had it. Surgery was not hard. When I was 15 they took the screw out because I was having pain and bad mobility. Taking it out didn't change much. I am 17 now and I have pain but I still do dance, colorguard, and throw shotput-discus. I am more worried when I am in my 40's and arthritis sets in.