Tuesday, May 30, 2017

They Have it Worse

They Have it Worse


You think you got it bad there is someone who always has it worse.
They took your pride but they left your purse.
Is that supposed to make me feel better?
I could sit down and detail it in a letter.
You have no idea what I’ve been through.
Your eyes would cry a tear if you knew,
Or maybe you would talk the same way.
Judge me, then invite me to pray.
You think you know what it is like to walk in my shoes,
Do you know what it’s like to feel so blue?
To sit and wonder what your child would have been?
To question every moment, if not then?
Then times that by two and add abuse and a rape.
Are you astonished? Is that a gape?
Some have it worse, but some have it milder.
Some like it nice and some like it wilder.
Some think I’m a bitch, and some think I am kind.
I invite you to come inside my shady mind.
Then you’ll see the darkest, deepest corners,
Where they scream and claw at this greatest mourner.
I see my baby in my dreams.
She is perfect, life is what it seems.
But that dream fades and in comes the fear.
The reapers are all around. Their breath is near.
They take her away and leave me pleading.
She is fresh and I am still bleeding.
Then tease me with a greater life.
Hit me once, now hit me twice.
He was the flawless son.
His potential had just begun...
The harvester couldn’t take this one in the dark.
This time the jaws were as mean as a shark.
He left a scar that no one could hide.
He pilfered what was left inside.
The grim he took the future and left me blind.
Now who has it worst? Who can you find?
You know nothing about them, just as you know nothing about me.
Open your eyes and get off your worn knees.
God never made you judge over anyone.
You say he sent his Only Begotten Son?
That is for your mind not for mine.
Being on your knees weakens the spine.
So, tell me again how Some have it worse.
Because my life feels like it has been cursed.
I am not looking for your pity.
Asking you to get down and gritty.
I am not asking for anything at all.
You’re the reason I built a large wall.
To keep the Pharisees out and let no one else in.
Your words will not penetrate the skin.
Leave me alone and take your own course.
Empathy is one thing no one can force.

No comments: