Sunday, December 1, 2013

Coming Home


Our plans for Thanksgiving took a shift when True's football team made the finals in the state playoffs. We were planning a trip to Utah to spend with my side of the family. We don't get down there very often and my parents, especially my mom, have not been in the greatest health. I was looking forward to the change of scenery and it is a halfway point for Cyrus coming from Laramie. I thought it was the perfect plan, but as with every perfect plan a screw was thrown in the machine. Cyrus decided to drive the distance. He was excited to come home and I was worried about him driving 12 hours by himself but so, so, so excited for him to be home again. I miss him everyday. I miss his sarcasm and his intelligence in every conversation. I love the way True and him interact with each other. Each of them brings out the best in the other. Everyone loves Cyrus.

On Tuesday he called at 11 am to say he was heading out. I have never had the feeling of your baby coming home. It was so strange. It was elation, and love and a fullness in my heart that I can't really explain in words. I think in the next 12 hrs, I laughed and I cried and I jumped up and down. He has been gone for just about 3 months. Rhiannon and Loughlin left but I never got this experience and it felt so strange to be happy as he walked through the door. He is leaving in about a half of an hour. I am sure I will cry, but I know now he will be back, in just 3 weeks he will be home again. I hope for the rest of my life he will come home, once in a while just to make his mom smile. I love you, Cyrus and you always make me proud.

No comments: