Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweet Mercies

Wednesday night I sat down to fold some clothes and a sock caught my wedding ring. I looked down to find my diamond gone. I started crying, now bawling. I looked franticly everywhere I could think. I said a small prayer. I loved my ring. Harlen had picked it out by himself for me and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ring. I had a small feeling to check the vacuum bag. It was full. I had been on a rampage cleaning that day. I spent a while fingering through it, to the ooohs of my girls. Within 5 minutes I found my diamond. I can't believe it.
3 hours later I got e coli and have been sick since but I am getting to where I can find the small blessings in my life. Sale day 4 days and counting, hoping to get feeling better and get all of this stuff done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to talk to you yesterday...you sounded so good. And I'm glad you found your diamond, too. Those little tender mercies get can get us through other days when things aren't going so well. Sorry you're not feeling good and hoping you feel better in time for the sale. I know it will go great, you guys always do a great job with it.

Bridget said...

How exciting you found the diamond! Sorry about being sick. Best wishes for you and the sale day.

~plaid said...

Sick is NOT good! I'm glad you did find the diamond, though.

I can't find you on facebook to send you a message. If you leave a msg w/ your email on my blog, I can keep it private. I wanted to check with you about the Resolution.